How to remove a reference between a level sequence and a level

When I bring up the reference viewer for a level sequence, I see that it is referenced by to different levels. Is there a way to remove the reference to the second level?

Ordinarily, there is no big reason to do this. But, I am trying to export the sequence as a GLB file. When I do I get an error saying I can not export a level sequence that is associated with more than one level.

Interestingly, I am able to successfully export as an FBX file. Which seems strange, since I am exporting the same data, just to a different format.

Several different Google searches return no significant results.

You need to edit that level, and remove the sequencer from it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @ClockworkOcean , but I am totally missing something. I have read that solution other places. When I open the level to edit it, the sequence does not appear in the outliner and the sequencer panel is not open. Neither opening and closing the sequencer nor dragging and dropping the sequence into the level and then deleting it from the outline will resolve the problem.

It must be something simple, but I just don’t see it.

I would hugely appreciate it if you could ellaborate on your answer

Dan

1 Like

It probably means one of two things

1. You have some other way of referencing the sequence, that you have forgotten about or are unaware of. For instance from blueprint, or something similar

2. You had a crash at some point, and the system thinks the sequence is related, and it’s not.

Does any of that sound possible/familiar?..

If all of this fails, you can use the reference updater to overwrite the reference, but you have to be sure before that happens.