How to refer and rotate Level Instance or Packed Level Actor from sequence

I have a following setup:

• A city that is made from lots of Level Instances and Packed Level Actors
  • I have a level sequence that I want to play during gameplay
  • Inside the sequence I have a reference to the Level Instance where I can rotate and animate its movement (lets say the building is falling)
  • Animation works great inside the sequence
  • Animation don’t work in play mode (the level instance is actually not in the list of actors in outline anymore for some reason but all its objects are still there in the level)
  • If I try to use Packed Level Actor instead of Level Instance → it just disappears in sequence editor after adding Transform track and making first change to it

What I have tried:

• I tried to turn of IsSpatialyLoaded for both Level Instance and Level Sequence
  • I tried to duplicate and reassign actors in sequencer
  • I tried binding override option
  • Test cube that I have created is moving and rotating just find both in sequence editor and in play mode

UE5.1

1 Like

I am there with you. Would really appretiate some explanation how are we supposed to tweak simple things like creatively moving objects around to fit camera shot better.
Not only we can not move objects packed in the level instance, we cannot move even the instance itself, as it breaks in play mode and looses binding.

I tried binding override and override instance data, but to no avail, so I either do not understand correctly how that should work or it does not work :frowning:
Maybe someone has better insight on this? Because its making cinematic per shot work impossible in some cases.

UE 5.1