How to recreate this type of movement from Valorant?

Does anyone know how this movement was done? The running is all pretty self-explanatory, but I want to make the same jumping and falling mechanic, where it subtlety resets your momentum and bobs your crosshair. Does anyone know how to do this?

Example:

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I think what you’re seeing is just a lowering of the air control value and animations. It doesn’t look like they’re doing anything special with code. The Crosshair bobbing is just what happens when you jump. It works this way in UE4 too.

1 Like

Yeah just seems like the camera is attached to the character and that is how it animates.

It seems that the effect you’re seeing is a result of a combination of animation and air control values. As Shmoopy1701 mentioned, it appears that the camera is attached to the character, which is likely contributing to the animation. Additionally, it may be worth experimenting with different air control values to see if that has any impact on the movement you’re trying to replicate.
If you’re looking for additional tips and tricks to improve your gameplay in Valorant, you might want to check out GGBoost.com. They offer a variety of services to help improve your gaming performance, including Valorant boosting services.

Most likely the jump is using a timeline to animate how long it takes to hit the ground after you either run out of your updraft, and or you let go of the key used to trigger it. And the movement of the crosshair is just using a simple camera shake. However, there are multiple ways to create a first person camera. Some attach it to the head, and turn off collision. Others just have arms. I’m assuming from the player’s perspective they just use the arms, but from other players they are using character models. I’m not too sure of that.

No. Not at all. You wouldn’t need to use a timeline because your jump is broken into 3 parts; Jump Start, Jump Loop, and Jump End and the game knows the moment you hit the ground. It’s really just the landing animation that’s causing all of the observed movement. The crosshair is in fact static. There’s just a little crouch-down movement when they hit the ground to relay a sense of weight.