How To Ragdoll Multi Skeletal Mesh

Hello All And Thanks For Your Time And Consideration, I’m Simply trying to Find Out How To Ragdoll Multi Skeletal Mesh- (such as when you have a torso set as the base mesh, and you attach the rest of the body through parenting, sorry if my terms are off or wrong) ill attach photos with the examples of the mesh setup. The Effect Is The Character flops like a board to the ground but the torso detaches and ragdolls, when using simulate physics below, and using the pelvis bone, (this is based off the standard epic skeleton,) I’m Pretty familiar with simulating physics, But After Some Fiddling Its seems Its a bit of a different approach. Thank You So Much For Your Time and Help! And so sorry if im not providing enough info,

-Regards

307941-multi-skel-q-2.png

For anyone Wondering how i fixed this , i looked at unreals page for working with modular characters, It points out quickly that a “setmaster pose component” is needed for the attached skeletal meshes to follow. i place mine in the construction script with the mesh plugged into “new Master Bone Component”, and all of the attached skeletal mesh pieces plugged into the “target”

1 Like

For reference, the ‘Set Master Pose Component’ is now called ‘Set Leader Pose Component’.

1 Like