How to put subtitles on the stage.

I am a beginner in the engine and I have seen in different tutorials that the subtitles are preconfigured to appear on the screen as a menu. However in my game you are looking at a TV and I would like the subtitles to be inside the TV; is this possible? Here is an image for reference.

thanks in advance

1 Like

Yes it is possible. You can use 3D widgets to display UI elements in the game during runtime. This will point you in the right direction: Creating 3D Widget Interaction | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

Simply create a widget and add a TextBlock Then you can modify this text using blueprints to start and match up with the movie. Finally scale the widget accordingly to fit the screen in your scene.

Thanks for your answer! However, reading your comment and the documentation I don’t quite understand how it is possible that the subtitle system, instead of appearing on screen, appears in the 3D widgets. I probably don’t understand it because of my lack of knowledge, but what is the magic node that connects the TextBlock with the subtitles?

Thanks for your answer and for your patience.

Wait! I don’t think I understood it, but now I do! Give me a moment to see if I can get it!