How to push Niagara particles with a controlled sphere mesh?

Hi!
I am trying to move a transparent sphere through a dense still Niagara particle field, and to displace and bounce of the particles when collisioning.

I am having trouble producing a bounce when the sphere hits the particles. The particles have a collision component indeed that is working. I’ll explain.

When I move the sphere, the particles just get displaced around it, but not taking the energy to accelerate in the bounce direction.
They only bounce of, if they are moving with their own velocity in the first place, but not incorporating the sphere kinetic energy. The thing is that I need the particle field to be quite still before the collisions.

I think is not a problem of the restitution or friction values, as it works a desired when the particles have their velocity.

I hope there is some light you can throw to help me.
Thanks
Matias

1 Like

I am also having this same problem. Did you ever figure it out? Seems like its possible to apply velocity when particles collide with object but I don’t know how!

Not yet.
I changed the aesthetics requirement for the movement for now.
Will be great to find a solution, but I have to focus on other parts of the project first.
Best

Hi there @Chulit_Films, hope you’re well.

This topic has been moved from International to Asset Creation.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

Thanks and happy developing!