How to Publish Unreal Engine 5 Game to Browser?

Hi, I am an amateur indie game developer and I have just created my first game in Unreal Engine 5.0. I am trying to share this game with my friends so they can try it out, and I think the easiest way to do this is via browser (Chrome). Does anyone know a way I can export and publish my game on a browser website at no cost?

you are talking about file hosting. If you don’t mind your contacts having the game files (packed) then you could upload the packed game to a file host. Google Drive is a reasonable option just to put a Zipped pack temporarily for a few people to download by a shared link. Alternatively you could have the packed game on a test PC within your own hosted test network and let people remote control the test pc, similar to TeamView. A good remote desktop program for gaming remotely is Parsec but mind you need average to good internet to make that work in 1080p streaming with no input lag.

2 Likes

Hey there @adv_ar! Welcome to the unreal forums! As the others have said, web support was put on hold (indefinitely) for some time. If your project was UE4.24 and down you could use a community made plugin that supported HTML5 builds, but that community hasn’t worked on it in 2ish years. UE5 and the HTML5 platform - #14 by goldenspiral

That said, I second everyone else in saying you can pack the game normally if these are just some pals and a small game and you don’t need any obfuscation etc.

here’s the documentation: Packaging Unreal Engine Projects | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

I packed my game and share with friends, they are trying to install and Microsoft Windows 10 antivirus is giving them very critical warning that the game contain virus, I am currently figuring this out how to pack the game as a known trusted installer instead of archieving it with winrar which is not trusted by windows.

2 Likes

my game is a pure compiled UE4 engine :smiley: microsaft is funny

1 Like

Happens with any application that isn’t digitally signed and trusted by Microsoft, unless they are under high security when the app screener pops up they can just click more options, then run anyway. (Though this is not advised for stuff you didn’t make or trust)

2 Likes

Thank you Sir for sharing this information with us, I will dig into google to learn if I can digitally
sign my game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello bro you can publich you game at itch io or Gamejolt

1 Like

Its waste to publish game in html, PixelStreaming is best you can do…
html is only for very small UE apps

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.