How to properly make fbxs in blender and export to ue4

Hello

I have modelled and rigged a character in blender and exported it to ue4, however in ue4, the mesh is not right at ALL. Here are some screenshots to help you see what I am trying to say.

As you can see some of the mesh has been rendered weirdly. I have watched every video on how to export from blender and import into ue4 and I am doing it correctly, I have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong in the mesh itself.

Hello @Jell.Buck

Well, it is weird because your normals are inverted, then… is rendering the inside…
You need to flip that faces…

About the rig, you need to select the armature and the mesh like this:

And try this settings:

1 Like

Hello @alberto,

Thank you so much for that but I just have 1 more question. How do I flip the faces :sweat_smile:, I am super new to blender and hardly know much about it.
Thank you so much for the help!

Sure, is easy, take a look at the menu:

Thank you so much it works now! :grinning:

@Jell.Buck , as a side tip, it’s helpful when working in blender to turn on backface culling while you’re modeling. This will save you from this exact issue which can be pretty common. It won’t flip them for you, it will simply make the backface of a…face…transparent so as to create a visual hole. A quick indicator that you have flipped normals.

Use Backface Culling to Avoid Flipped Normals in Blender - Quick Tip - YouTube