How to Project Where a Ball Will Land in a Tennis Game that Uses ApplyImpulse?

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a game like the one I have linked below, but for tennis. My game uses ApplyImpulse to move the ball when it is hit. How do you create something that always shows where the ball will hit the court next (like the neon light blue circle in the linked video) using only Blueprints. I highly thank everyone in advance.

Video

You could use something like:

:slight_smile:

Hello @ClockworkOcean and thank you for your response and suggestion. I would rather build the Blueprints myself, but if you do recommend getting this asset, will the asset work if the ball only uses ApplyImpulse and simulate physics (no projectile movement component) and what variables would I have to get from the ball)? Also would I be able to disable the line trace and only show the target when it hits the ground? And would it work with bounces? Additionally are you the creator of the asset that you linked to, a user that uses it, or did you just find it on the Asset store? Thanks mate.

Thanks for the response mate. Maybe I will make the ball a projectile then and also I think that I will get the asset. The developer sounds very helpful and I believe that this asset could significantly expedite my game development!

Hi - No, it’s not my asset, but I can see it’s a good one :slight_smile:

I know it can show bounces as well as final target spot, but I don’t know what other info you can get from it.

Best to ask the creator:

support@alchemiciron.com

It might also be an idea to make the ball a projectile. Why fight the engine? It is, after all, a projectile… :slight_smile:

That’s right, it’s a useful trade off. You don’t have to re-invent the wheel. You’ll get plenty of opportunities to plough through a lot of difficult blueprinting even with using other peoples work :wink:

Thanks mate, good advice.