How to profile audio CPU usage and send to CSV file?

Hi, there are 2 things I’m trying to figure out in Unreal 5.0.3, namely:

• How do I get the audio cpu usage % over time?
  • I then want to plot this cpu usage over time on a graph and thus need a way to write these values to a file.

I figured a .csv file would be perfect for this as I can then put that in a spreadsheet program and create the graph.
I read in the documentation of unreal 4.27 that there was, or still is, a CSV profiler. The documentation for it is very short and I can’t find anything else on it elsewhere and I’m a bit confused on how to use it or if it even exists in unreal 5.

I also can’t find out how to get specifically the audio cpu usage anywhere in the documentation of unreal 5. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!

1 Like
  1. To get the audio CPU usage percentage over time in Unreal Engine 5.0.3, you can use the built-in “Audio Profiler” tool. This tool can be accessed from the “Window” menu and selecting “Audio Profiler.” The Audio Profiler will show the CPU usage of all audio-related tasks and can be used to monitor and optimize audio performance in your project.
  2. To write the audio CPU usage values to a file, you can use the “FArchive” class in C++ to write the data to a file. You can create a custom function that exports the audio CPU usage data to a CSV file.
  • To plot the audio CPU usage data over time on a graph, you can use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets to open the CSV file and create the graph.
  • Keep in mind that, since you are planning to plot the data over time, you will need to record the audio CPU usage data at regular intervals and write it to the CSV file. This can be done by using the Unreal Engine’s “Timers” feature.
  • Additionally, you can use the Unreal Engine’s “Stat Group” feature to track and collect information about performance statistics, such as audio CPU usage, but you will have to write the code to export the data to a file.

I believe some work with C++ will be required for the process unless you find a good plugin.

1 Like

I downloaded the Unreal Engine 5.0.3 and I do not see “Audio Profiler” under the windows menu. Where can I find it?

1 Like