How to prevent an actor from bouncing?

I’m trying to make a platform where the player can tilt it in any direction and make a ball roll. The problem is that the ball won’t stop bouncing. Here’s a video that shows the problem.

Ball Rolling

As you can see, even the slightest tilt of the platform makes the ball bounce. How do I prevent that?

Create and apply a physical material to whatever is responsible for the collision of the rolling ball:

If you also want to prevent it from bouncing up and down, the easiest way to achieve that is to place a collider above the ball - make the Blocking box collision a part of the pit.

1 Like

I tried adding a collider above the ball but because it bounces so much, the ball tends to briefly freeze whenever I tilt the platform. Is there a way to give it a smoother roll?

Did you apply the physical material? Here’s how balls behave with low restitution:

And

Yes. I then tested it by dropping the ball and it doesn’t bounce at all. I then tried it on the platform and it still bounces. It’s strange because it seems to only bounce when it’s rolling on the platform.

I did some more testing and it seems like the balls will always fly up in the air even with low restitution so it seems like the better solution would be to place a collider above the ball. The problem with that is the ball motion is no longer smooth. Is there any way to make the ball roll better?

The problem with that is the ball
motion is no longer smooth. Is there
any way to make the ball roll better?

Try these for the ball.

That might work but checking “Use CCD” causes the ball to clip out of the space if I move it to the corner and sharply tilt the platform (and that never happens when it’s not checked).