How to play youtube video on Widget on Level

How to play youtube video on Widget on World Scene?
I mean if i play video from youtube on Windows its working fine
but if i packaged it on Android or IOS its turning black screen.
i think it has some config on mobile device .

Blueprint actor:

Widget:

on Windows same as UE Editor:

Final Result on Level: (on Android Mobile device)

Any suggestions?
Please helpe me

Hey there @ganbaa_elmer! There’s been a reoccurring issue in which both Android and iOS where the web browser seems unable to function correctly. I’m digging around to see if I can find a workaround that isn’t just nativizing the video and having it as a file in the application.

Even if you can get a “regular web page” to render on a mobile phone, it’s unlikely that your YouTube video will successfully play, or if it does, that it will keep working for any length of time.

YouTube guards their playback engine quite heavily, and detect and counter any attempt to “embed” videos other than in very carefully selected cases, because YouTube anti-ad plugins use such mechanisms.

If you want to play a video as part of your game, you should install it as part of the game, and then use a regular media player. I know that’s probably not what you want to hear, but it’s the truth.

i tried google or other regular websites all result is same. screen is totally black i think its not youtube issue its unreal web browser issue.

i tried google or other regular websites all result is same screen is totally black i think its not youtube issue its unreal web browser issue.

Note that browser controls within mobile phones run in quite restricted environments. For example, on iOS, you can’t generate runtime code, and thus all JavaScript in a third party browser control is interpreted, which is quite slow and limited.

I would not get my hopes up for the solution you say you want, ever actually working well. What does work well, is bundling video you want to show, with the app. If you want to be able to stream new videos without updating the app, you can also use your own video host, and download them on the fly, and use a media player to play them.

Involving an embedded browser on mobile is flaky at best, and embedding YouTube in anything custom is super flaky, so combining the two, just doesn’t make for something I’d invest time and effort in.
(Your priorities may of course differ :slight_smile: )

1 Like

i tried and its not working i want to add youtube video to widget now vĂ  Become Popular on YouTube?