How to play sounds in Matinee?

Okay sorry for the late reply I had to go out for a bit, I think what my problem is, is that my matinee is not actually playing because when I press Play in Editor nothing happens. I have been using the Play button inside the Matinee window which I think is why the event is not firing. Anywho I am about to try out if the event will print it. And yes lol my sound nodes is over complicated. No they aren’t repeating. They are dialog, so when 1 speaks a short bit after V1 will reply.

Edit: Okay, the event does not print and when I press play I cannot see my matinee through the camera’s idea as I wanted. I am not sure if the matinee is actually running and it’s on my behalf that I can’t see the matinee play through the camera and I need something set up to do so. But around 75 seconds while playing in the editor there is no print from my event. So whether that means the matinee is playing or not I am not sure sure.

I am going to get a fresh start and see if it is a simple mistake I am making. I deleted all of my blueprints and am going to have multiple events instead of just one with the delays. My first plan of action is why I can’t see my matinee being played through the camera’s eyes.

Right, first make sure you do this:

• Select the matinee actor in the level
  • Look at the Details panel on the right side
  • Enable Play on Level Load

Once that’s done open up your Matinee and create a Sound Track. Then select the first sound you want to play in the content browser, head back to Matinee and hit enter at whichever time you want it to play and do this for the rest of the sound files.

Matinee most probably wont play sound when you hit play in matinee editor but it should definitely work when you play the game.

Okay thanks so now my fresh start is working out better for me. It seems I am even worse at Matinee than what I thought so I went back to a tutorial and I think I should have payed more attention to what a Director Group was, so now I fixed that and when I press play my matinee actually plays through my cameras eyes which is much nicer than before. I am going to figure out adding the sounds now. After the sounds I will be almost complete once I figure out how to get the AVI from Matinee.

Okay, the sound tracks work extremely well. I think everything is sorted out. Thank you so much for helping me for the last 3 hours

lol…No problem. :slight_smile: