How to play physical hit reactions on whole mesh including the pelvis, legs, arms..

I am working on physical animation hit reactions.

I am calling the play function when my arrow hit the enemy from my player character. iam using add impulse node to get hit reaction effect and i have checked i am getting correct bone names for every hit.
but the problem is the hit reactions are only played on the upper part of the body properly. when i hit legs the reaction is very very small. meaning the character only moves slightly. i think this might be because of i am using the “set all bodies below stimulate physics” node with the pelvis bone name. so maybe its not moving the pelvis that much but if i check the include self argument in that node than the character just slides below the ground. i want to hit reactions on the whole body. how can i achieve this. i am quite a beginner and followed the tutorial by PrismaticaDev to get to this part. but i want to add this on legs and hands and whole body . any help would be huge help
Thank you

Hey @User-3fdd4275c7!

So your legs are physically below the pelvis, yes. However, the bone hierarchy means EVERYTHING but “root” on most models are below the pelvis- that’s what it means, not physically below. So that includes arms, head, etc.

What the real issue possibly is could be linked to whether you have an upper-body and lower-body separation for animations. If the Lower-body area is weighted more heavily than the reaction animation, it’s going to use more of the “Idle” or “Running” animation.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile: