@xnihil0zer0 - D’oh! So I forgot to create the material. How silly.
I set up a BunnyMaterial and made it the particle material, along with the other changes you mentioned. The material screenshot doesn’t show all the settings for the individual nodes, of course, but most of them were fairly obvious. A few I had trouble with:
Your Texture Sample has two input pins, UVs and Level. Mine ended up with three: UVs, Tex, and Level. This would seem to tell me I have one of the Texture Sample settings wrong, but after trying all of them I can’t get rid of the Tex pin. The settings I have for Texture Sample are:
Sampler Source: From texture asset
Const Coordinate: 0 (grayed)
Const Mip Value: -1
Texture: thumbnail shows the BunnyCloud texture
Sampler Type: Linear Color
Is Default Meshpaint Texture: unchecked
Also, there is a Multiply(,-1) node near the right that takes its A input from the Particle Position. It overlaps the Add node to its right, so it’s hard to tell where its output goes. Since the Multiply(,1000) node below them goes to the Add node’s B input, I assumed that the Multiply(,-1) goes to that Add node’s A input.
Finally, the BunnyMaterial itself has a number of settings. I set them rather unscientifically: I noticed that your DefaultParticle2 had four of the input pins enabled and the others grayed out, so I tweaked settings until mine looked like that. (Cargo cult programming at its finest!) The settings I have are:
Phys material: None
Material Domain: Surface
Blend Mode: Masked
Decal Blend Mode: Translucent (grayed out)
Shading Model: Unlit
Two Sided: unchecked
Use Material Attributes: unchecked
Subsurface Profile: None (grayed out)
The remaining settings after the Material group are all on their defaults.
With these changes, I still have that colorful bar artifact instead of a bunny. The main thing that’s changed is that bar is now horizontal instead of sticking down at an angle.
Of course another option would be if you have a working project and would like to share it. Then you wouldn’t be hearing my dumb questions. But no problem either way, I will continue to investigate and try to see what I missed, and of course welcome any further tips. The GitHub repo is updated with this latest code.