How to pause a running widget animation when game is paused

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a pause menu set up in my game, all nicely working. I also have a widget animation of instructions I made through widgets. It’s animated, as in lines fade in/out as the each instruction goes on.

The only problem is that the widget is not affected by the Set Game Paused of my pause menu. Other non animated widgets are fine, but animated ones go on even when the game is paused.

If you have any ideas as to how manage this, please tell me! Thanks for your time.

Hello!

You can fire an event(dispatcher ) when you pause and bind to a pause event inside your widgets to set animation in pause.

Hope it helps

1 Like

I recommend to read the documentation first, there’s no reason to explain the basics here plus you will not learn this way, but an easy way is to make a custom event inside your widget called pause, from this event set animation pause.

From your graph where you pause the game , get your widget and call the pause event from it.

There is also the option to disable thick when game is paused inside your widget but idk exactly

Thanks for replying! I’m really a beginner so I don’t know how to do all that correctly… could you please be a little more detailed? I would really appreciate it.

I think people have been misunderstanding this question lol. The game is globally set to pause and the sequencer is not playing because the time dilation is 0, meaning the animations won’t play because the time is not moving.

As for the solution, I’m trying to find it myself. So if anyone knows the solution to this, It would really be a great help.

2 Likes

I think this is a really significant issue that Epics should look into. Otherwise, you have to do bad style again.