How to open .udk0, .udk1, .udk2, .udk3 Files?

I found those files in the folder of the Metro 2033 game. I know how to open .udk files but files have numbers at the end. Is there a way or a programm how to open them.
.udk0 .udk1 .udk2 .udk3 :confused:

Hi ,

The Metro games use a proprietary engine they’ve developed called the 4A Engine. Even though their packaged files are labeled .udk does not indicate they can be opened with UE4 or UDK.

Even still, with UDK. our packages that could be opened were labeled .Pak.

In UE4 they are .uasset and .umap.

Additionally, with games once they are packaged and shipped you will not be able to get assets or open their levels without them providing tools to do so. is a way of keeping their work from being stolen or used by others as well.

Ok, so there is no way to open files?

Well, thanks then :smiley:

No, these appear to be related to Metro 2033.

there is no such thing like “no way” (ok, some AES-256 could be a problem but), but with some RE it should be possible :slight_smile:

Edit:
put “no way” in quotation marks

Edit2:
@anonymous_user_d6ec733d
put an example file on google drive or something, I will try…

Edit3:
@
will them be baked in any kind or still normal assets, I think they will still be accessible normaly as in other games?

“Additionally, with games once they are packaged and shipped you will not be able to get assets or open their levels without them providing tools to do so. is a way of keeping their work from being stolen or used by others as well”
I dontt think so, in other games you are still able to reverse that without bigger problems

I’m sure there are ways to get around their packaging but the user is asking about using file formats that are labeled .udk with the engine assuming they are compatible with UDK or UE4 based on name. Metro 2033 does not use the Unreal Engine. They use the 4A engine for their games. is just their preferred naming method for whatever packages they have.

Our packages are baked out to .pak files that cannot be opened with the editor. Again, there may be community built tools to get around , but none that are supplied by Epic.

Ok, what do you mean by “RE” ?
Second: I have just seen that I want some more files to extract and I think those are much more important. Those files have .vfs0 and .vfs1. I just realized that there are the textures and the content is inside. One file does have the ending .vfi in which is some content too but no a big one. It would be great if someone could extract all three file types. I will upload them, then I will put the link back here. Oh and if someone found a programm to usw it for the extraction, please put the Link in here too. Everything together has 6,02 Gb

I just want to point out that using copyrighted material in your commercial game is illegal, I don’t know what game those files are from, but if they are from a released game, you will not be able to use them in a game you intend to sell (if you do, you could get sued worst case scenario…).
Just wanted to make sure you are aware. :slight_smile:

I’m going to close thread since it no longer is asking about using content within UE4, but rather trying to extract data/content from a released game.