How to open ComboBox from node?

I want to be able to Open a Combobox from Blueprint node (for example, when I press a button). How do I do this? Or if it is even possible?
If not, could you suggest a decent workaround?

I want to be able to use keyboard and gamepad to navigate combobox, but I also want to avoid using focus events, because they work not in the way I want them to (and also you lose focus on random mouse clicks). I already set up a custom navigation following this tutorial, and I need comboboxes for my graphics settings menu, but I don’t know how to open them from node with custom keys from player controller.

1 Like

Okay, I think there will be no answer, although I wanted to have any answer (even “There is no way to do this” is a good one for me). Now I already moved from this and created my own user widget that does exactly what I need.

For the sake of closing this question, I will answer myself. I looked over all the forums and documentation in search of answer and I may conclude, there is no way to open Combobox from code with Blueprint. To do this with C++ you need to edit Engine code, to make that function public. I don’t know exact way of doing that, but I know it is possible.

If you are looking for Blueprint only solution, you need to make your own User Widget that functions same way, without using Combobox in it (you can use buttons, etc).

Hope this will be helpful for anyone.

simple c++ solution

I had the same issue. I’m using a gamepad to navigate this type of selector

and I wanted to when Button_selector was clicked so the comboBox to open. I solved it by setting the keyboard focus to the combobox, when the focus is on this widget

][2]