How to open a message pop-up dialog?

Hey, I’m new to creating scripts for the editor itself. It seems like something really useful and powerful.
I’m having issue finding information on how to open a simple dialog in the editor. I want it to be a simple message, where the user has to click ‘ok’.

Hey there @ilozen! Creating different scripts and plugins for the editor is insanely powerful and can really streamline your pipeline! That said the subject is incredibly deep, so most of the resources I have on hand are quite dense! I have 2 learning sessions that show how the system works and goes over how to create the editor windows as well as the functionality behind them! Don’t be off-put by their length, they were originally streams but insanely useful information nonetheless!

Here Tom Shannon use BPs to create a little editor tool to change LODs for a bunch of objects at once, then a couple minutes later shows you how to actually make the UI portion and buttons. (Timestamped it where he starts actually making the tool but feel free to watch the whole thing)

Now if you’re more of the C++ side of things, there’s another training:

That one’s a bit more advanced but insanely useful for extending the engine. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks but I need to show a message from withing the Blueprint itself so that’s a different case.

I found an EditorUtilityActorComponent class, made a BP component inheriting from it. I added it to an actor and created a function in it. But when I drag the connector out of it my function is not on the list and I cannot call it, even if I uncheck “context sensitive”. Any idea why this function cannot be called?

obraz