How to only activate a player checkpoint once per player?

I have added a player checkpoint device to my island. It works as expected, if the player has stood on it, and consequently dies, they respawn at the checkpoint.

The issue I have is when you run over it multiple times, it triggers the VFX every time.

I would like it to trigger on the first activation for each player, and then not trigger again for that player, but of course save the checkpoint to respawn at.

I have Each of the Enable and Disable options under User Options - Functions, to enable/disable the checkpoint pad on first activation, but neither option does what I want.

Enable changes nothing - checkpoint works fine but is triggered every time the same player steps on it. When they die, they respawn at the checkpoint as expected.

Disable stops it triggering multiple times (yay) but it also breaks the respawn checkpoint (which I guessed it would - it has disabled the checkpoint, surely!?). So the player doesn’t respawn there, but at the original player spawn instead.

Am I missing something or is this not working as intended?
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @ffodderr

Turning off the VFX option on the player checkpoint pad will deactivate it for all events. To achieve the specific effect you’re aiming for, I suggest either crafting a new VFX or employing Niagara to generate a similar checkpoint pad effect. This effect could be set up to activate just once and then automatically deactivate upon being triggered. This way, the initial activation could include a trigger that shuts off the newly created VFX or Niagara effect.

Hope that helps!

Dragon

Featured Tutorials by BLZE.DRAGON

1 Like