[HOW TO] Noob Guide for adding your item to crafting station (fabricator, smithy etc)

The purpose of this guide is to explain how to add your new item to a crafting component like Mortar and pestle, smithy or fabricator in the simplest, least migraine inducing & easy to understand fashion. It’s even gots pikturs! :slight_smile:

FYI: You will have to build a new crafting station (M&P, Smithy, Fabricator etc) in order for your blueprints to be visible inside the object once you have learned them! I don’t think there is a way around this. If there is, they’re keeping it a secret!

First we’ll assume you already have created your item so we won’t go into that.
I’m going to be using generic blueprints named “YourItem” & “Yourmod” that would be built in the fabricator as an example.
You will need to edit and link the following files:

PrimalGameData_BP_Yourmod
PrimalItem_YourItem
EngramEntry_YourItem <—You may or may not need to modify this one but you will need to link to it in PrimalGameData_BP_Yourmod.

First open PrimalGameData_BP_Yourmod and search for “Additional Engram Blueprint Classes”.
Click the + & add your new engram: EngramEntry_YourItem.
See pic below:

SIDE NOTE: You will notice there is another section called “Engram Blueprint Classes”. “Engram Blueprint Classes” are the default engrams already in the game. This determines the position of the engram in the unlearned list. You can set your item in this section so that it would be next to the assault rifle by clicking the tiny down arrow at the end of assault rifle entry and select “duplicate”. This will add another assault rifle entry just below the original. Change that to your engram entry.
Pro’s of this method: You can put your item that requires level 45 to learn next to the other level 45 items. Otherwise it ends up at the very end of the list.
Con’s: When the devs add a new engram in a future update you will most likely have to update your mod and do so every time there is a new update. (like we don’t have to do that already lol) I’m guessing if your item comes before any newly added item then it would be ok but if your item is after the new item, either your item or the new item would not show up, but that’s just speculation.

If you don’t want to have to update every time or don’t care about the position of your item in the unlock list then I’d suggest you use “Additional Engram Blueprint Classes”
END OF SIDE NOTE

While still in PrimalGameData_BP_Yourmod, search for “Additional structure engrams”.
Click the + sign twice to create two new entries called “For Class”.
Set your 1st new “For Class” entry to “StorageBox_Fabricator”. (“StorageBox” will be used for other crafting stations as well) - If not set the bp’s will not show up in the fabricator in singleplayer
Set the 2nd “For Class” to “PrimalItemStructure_Fabricator”. (Will be the same for other crafting stations also) - If not set the bp’s will not show up in the fabricator on a dedicated server

Under the “For Class” entry there is “Class Additions”. Click the + for each entry (“PrimalItemStructure_Fabricator” & “StorageBox_Fabricator”) and point them to your primal item: PrimalItem_YourItem
See pic below:

You can add multiple items to the same entry. IE: can add a weapon and ammo to be crafted in the same crafting station.
See pic below:

Now open EngramEntry_YourItem and make sure “Give Blueprint to player Inventory” is NOT checked and the “Blue Print Entry” points to your PrimalItem_YourItem
See pic below:

Next, you’ll need to open PrimalItem_YourItem and search for: “Crafting Requires Inventory Component” (type “inve” in search bar and it will be the last entry)
If there is no entry, click the + and select “PrimalInventoryBP_Fabricator”.
If there already is an entry, change it to “PrimalInventoryBP_Fabricator”.
See pic below:

Compile, save, cook, upload and go build your new item in the fabricator!

DON’T FORGET!!!
You will have to build a new crafting station (M&P, Smithy, Fabricator etc) in order for your blueprints to be visible inside the object once you have learned them! I don’t think there is a way around this. If there is, they’re keeping it a secret!

Although informative, there are far too many server who will not allow your mod if you attach it to the core crafting items. So remember that, it’s because it causes havoc on those servers. Adding your engram to the core list or legacy crafters doesn’t stack well with other mods.

Thanks for the info.
I’m still pretty new and this was the only way I could get it to work with what I could piece together from reading other posts. What would be the alternative?
Let me know and I’ll make a guide for that too :slight_smile:

I wish I had seen this earlier.

LOL, Made it after your post. It was the inspiration! :slight_smile:

I’m glad I’m inspiring :smiley: