How to move actor in the way its facing? (Editor Utility)

Hey guys,

I have been trying to create a tool that requires the use of an Xbox Controller to move a mesh around in Editor Mode and not in Play Mode. I am using the Live Link to connect the controller to the mesh blueprint. I can move the mesh in any axis I want already but I cant seem to figure out how to make it move in relation to where its facing (Forward Vector) Does anybody have any tips to help me out? Here is a screenshot of the blueprint currently.

As you can see I havent figured out how to connect the Get Vector Forward node as it needs to connect with the inputs I think.

Thanks

Forward vector is a unit vector in the direction the actor is facing. To move a location in that direction, do this:
NewLocation = CurrentLocation + (Distance * Forward)

2 Likes

Okay thanks! I got it to work but since I am using different inputs for x,y,z movements it seems to be multiplying depending on the angle of the vector and giving different speeds depending on where the object is facing. I am troubleshooting it now but if you have any more ideas please feel free to share them! :slight_smile: