How to modify text .uasset files, State of decay 2

Can someone give me a guide for dummies because I can’t for the life of me figure it out and google is definitely not my friend today.
I have a new project set up, copied the uasset files I want to muck with into it, how do I get into them so I can alter them?

Hey there so I am the Head Moderator with the State of Decay 2 Modding Discord. We started the Discord a Week before the game released and have maintained a close relationship with the devs at Undead Labs throughout the games life and many of our Modders are Hero’s on Undead’s Discord server but several of the devs are on ours. So the first thing you have to realize is this game has been a long journey to learn to mod as there was little to no information about Modding a UE4 game on what was at the time the UWP MS Store platform, so we have tools we had to build our own tools that cover nearly all aspects of Modding from Pak and Cooked mods to Save edits. We have really been working hard to promote what we consider Ethical Modding by showing that mods are what help keep a game alive by letting you experience a game you like in new ways. It extends the life of the game thereby adding value to it.

We have the Community Editor which is a save editor that allows you to edit all aspects of your community such as Community name, character names, models, voices, traits, skills, outfits, bring back dead or exiled characters and export community members, traits to members and inventory to import into another community. It also lets you edit amount of all resources, set influence and prestige, days survived, unlocks map icons and hidden radio calls. Enable the Heartland Bloater gland harvest in the base game, set time of day, unlocks all legacy boons, Bounty & Daybreak rewards as well as Closet Outfits. You can change any weapon to another weapon and duplicate as many as you wish and stack multiple attachments to create weapons that are OP max stats 1000 round mag ranged weapons that’s attachments are completely interchangeable with each other.

If actual file Modding is what you want to do our tool the Asset Editor will not only extract the uasset’s from the games Pak’s but it also translates the assets from Hex to a editable table to adjust floats, Int, string swap, read headers and linked files. So its basically sky is the limit with what you can adjust as far as enemy spawns, difficulty, weapons and characters. You can save the edits to make Cooked mods or the Asset Editor can even repackage the file to use as Pak mods. We are always looking for people who are interested and want to contribute. We love to share the knowledge and are always looking to learn more ourselves. I have a YouTube channel with a bunch of Tutorials on all of our tools and I do a Mods showcase occasionally to show off what our people are working on. https://www.youtube.com/c/TxDigitalGaming

State of Decay 2 Modding Discord State of Decay 2 Modding

So if you are interested in learning to mod State of Decay 2 and learn the basics of a great engine like UE4, we are the largest Community there is for it. We started as a group of around a dozen or so Modders looking for a place to share info and bounce ideas, but have now grown to a Modding Community of nearly 70,000 so anyone that wants to contribute and show people what and how to practice Ethical Modding ill leave an invite to the server. I will also try to repost this as a fresh posting to see if any others would like to join