I’m trying to use the plugin Simplex Noise for voxel terrain generation (props to DevDad!), but when I enable it in the plugins tab and restart the engine, I get this error;
"The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
Would you like to rebuild them now?"
After I press yes, I get this on trying to open the project;
“Project could not be built, please compile from source”
What I have tried to fix this:
- right clicking .uproject and generating VS files.
- deleting Binaries and Intermediate folders
- checking the .uplugin file for errors
- rebuilding the source by clicking the .sln and pressing F7
- using an old version of UE4 (4.11.2)
None of these have worked so far, and I am stumped. I think this is because the project is made in 4.7 (I think?) but people have reported back fine using it even in 4.12. Is there a way to manually update plugins? What could I do to fix this :(?
Thank in advance to the community!