How to make Unreal to work with 4 HDMI Inputs? (Blackmagic Decklink Quad HDMI)

Hello,

I’ve recently buyed a new PC for my company, which we would like to be used for streaming events using Unreal Engine Virtual possibilities, along with VMix Pro.

The computer is an i7 11700K, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, in which we also have a Blackmagic Design Decklink Quad HDMI (with 12.2.2 Drivers), all of this using Windows 10 Pro.

The video inputs in the Blackmagic work fine in any other program, such as VMix, or even Zoom, Teams… but I couldn’t make it to work with Unreal Engine.

Firstly, I checked on Unreal and Blackmagic support, and I already saw it is not between the officialy supported models of Blackmagic PCI cards, but I have also seen many videos and
tutorials making it work with other “not officially supported models of Blackmagic PCI Cards”.

I’ve tried this with 4.26.2, 4.27.2, and Early Access 5, and I’m having the same issues for the three versions.

First, I checked the correct plugins were activated: Blackmagic Media Player and Framework Utilities.

Next, I create a new Media Bundle, then open it, and but “Blackmagic Media Source” as Media Source. Then, in Blackmagic box, I would have to select the Capture Card, but when clicking
the arrow it says “No configuration found”.

I also tried creating just a new Media Player. I open it and in the top left, for selecting “Capture Devices” - “Video”, it shows the 4 HDMI Inputs as “Blackmagic WDM Capture 1,2,3,4”,
just as it is shown in VMix. However, when I click on one of these inputs it gaves me a notification which says: “The media failed to open, check Output Log for details!”.

But in Output Log it’s not saying much:

LogWmfMedia: Error: Failed to create capture device media source: Los datos especificados para este tipo de medio no son válidos, no son consistentes o no son compatibles con este objeto.
LogWmfMedia: Error: Failed to create capture device media source: Los datos especificados para este tipo de medio no son válidos, no son consistentes o no son compatibles con este objeto.
LogSlate: Window ‘NewMediaPlayer’ being destroyed
LogSlate: Window ‘NewMediaPlayer’ being destroyed
LogSlate: Window ‘Device Output Log’ being destroyed
LogSlate: Window ‘Device Output Log’ being destroyed

With all of this said, I would like to know:

• Firstly, if there is a way of making this PCI card recognizable by Unreal, maybe using someway the SDK developer tools for the 12.2.2 Drivers for Blackmagic (¿?).

• If there is totally impossible to make this card to work, I would like to know which would be the best PCI Card option for having 4 HDMI’s Inputs into my computer,
    usable with both Unreal and VMix (not necessarily to be used at the same time).

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

No decklink will work with multiple HDMI. Only single hdmi.

SDI will work with multiple (e.g. 8k pro decklink).