How to make the groom in unreal new hair system work with wind,anybody know ,please help me!

how to make the groom in unreal new hair system work with wind,anybody know ,please help me!

In 4.26 you can modify the Air Velocity inside of the Groom asset.

Air velocity doesnt even look like realistic wind. It just looks like its being pulled into another direction. The wind has no gusts or randomization and is just an absolute value. I dont think we are able to even control the wind in sequencer, which would be a nice feature. If we could do that then at least we could keyframe the air velocity to have variation.

1 Like

Is there a way to get the curve control to air drag in blueprint? I have tried that, but failed so far. I am really hoping someone could give a little help here!

Here is the tutorial

1 Like

This tutorial shows how to add wind force to a hair groom in Unreal.
The problem is there is no random variation per hair strand. The entire groom acts as though it were a single strand of hair

Was wondering if there was a way to add random seed values to individual hair strands when they were instanced and have Niagara use these somehow?

Did you end up finding a better solution than this tutorial? This artist seems to have gotten a decent wind effect on individual strands, and in the comments they claim to only have edited the groom physics and interpolation to achieve it.