How to make texture always moving downwards on a material element of skeletal mesh?

Hello, I’m creating a rainy glass on a material element of a vehicle skeletal mesh following this tutorial. Here I’m using panner node to give the speed of the moving texture. After material creation the directions of the water flow on different part of this material element are different, some flow upwards and some flow downwards.

I’ve tried TransformVector Node in combination with directional material (it’s introduced inside this video tutorial), but it still doesn’t help. Here is my material script:

(This is ony the example material I created to make a try, not the true rainy glass material). I’ve tried different vector value and also the way of TransformVector Node (such as World Space to Tangent Space or others), but they still can’t get the effect I want.

If needed, this is the skeletal mesh I use: SK_BMW_Gran_Tourer.uasset - Google Drive

Is there a solution of this problem if I don’t change the skeletal mesh itself? I’m totally new in Unreal Engine and any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

If I understand the situation correcly, I don’t think it’s possible without modification of the skeletal mesh. It would be better if you can change the skeletal mesh directly and then assign material to each slot.

The unwrapped UVs are not all aligned the same way, so when the panner pans the texture, the effect will go to seemingly random directions.

One workaround you could use if you don’t want to touch the UVs of your model is to use world aligned coordinates instead. Take the worldalignedtexture material fuction and create your own custom version with panners added to it.

Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried the WorldAlignedTexture before, but it still not the effect i want. Anyway thanks for the help!