How to make scaling consistent?

Hi, I’m misunderstanding about how scaling works in UE5, and I’m hoping someone can help me. I have set my units in the Project Settings, then in the Details panel, I scaled the Floor object to x-24, y-55. Then I added a Box, which by default says 100, 100, 100 in the Modeling parameters, but when I click Accept, the Box is now reading at 1, 1, 1, which is typical of 3D softwares, but where would I find the Scale settings that correspond with the 100, 100, 100 that was set in the Modeling creation panel? And, when I change the 1.1,1 to the same Scale settings as the Floor, they are still much different in size. With the same Scale settings, the Floor object is huge and the Box object is quite tiny. Then other times, I can get the Box to scale up at all, it just won’t change size. Could anyone please help to understand this, or point me to a tutorial that covered modeling to scale in this kind of detail? Tutorials I’ve watched don’t cover working to scale, and only cover arbitrary scaling. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any correlation between scaling and actual measurements.

1,1,1 just means the model is at its original scale, whatever that was.

You can make a lot of different size cubes in geometry mode, all different sizes, but all the same scale

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, ClockworkOcean! Is there another panel somewhere that shows the actual sizes where i can set the correct measurements? Thanks!

Not that I know of, sorry :slight_smile:

OK, thank you :wink: I imagine there must be a way to be accurate since UE is popular for ArchVis and precise measurements are important for that, unless everyone is doing all the modeling in another software and just importing into UE for presentation. I’m new at this, so just learning how it all goes together. Maybe someone will have something more to add.

1 Like

You can measure stuff in the top view, using the middle mouse

measure

Or you can use a plugin

But UE is not CAD, so there’s no default method.

1 Like

OK, thank you, that’s very helpful! :slight_smile: So I’ll create everything to scale in C4D or Blender and import into UE. I was just hoping to keep everything native. But there’s a great plugin for Blender that links to UE. C4D isn’t quite as streamlined, but still you just save as alembic and import. Both work well, so all’s good. I’m slowly learning the workflow! :wink:

1 Like