How to make save game

Hello, there was a problem when creating a game save in blueprint for android.

I have two game modes. One for the menu, the other for the character… I did save in game mode in the menu, but it doesn’t work on levels… I did save in game mode of the character, it doesn’t work in the menu…

please tell me how can I save the game so that it works both in the menu and in the game at the levels …
Thanks…

Hi there,

Your problem happens because each level uses different game modes, so they don’t “coexist” in different levels (Menu and gameplay levels). You want to add the save game logic in the game instance, which is accessible from everywhere.

For complex save games, I recommend this official tutorial from Epic Games that also comes with a sample project.
Hope that helps.

Introduction - Blueprint Runtime Saving and Loading (epicgames.com)

1 Like

Hi there,

To further elaborate my recommendation, you want to add your save game logic in the Game Instance, because it can be accessed from anywhere. It is also “persistent” throughout the whole play session. But you still need to use a “save game to slot” node with a “save game object”, in order to create a “save game file” stored in your hard drive.

That is why that tutorial is highly recommended.

1 Like