How to make my Object Follow the Linetrace?

Hello, thank you for looking at my question.

I would like to know how to make my projectile object follow the linetrace path.

For example, I have an Actor AI who shoots a fireball. I made the fireball in Niagara, and I added a projectile movement to it so the projectile shoots through the air with no problems.

After this I made my AI do a linetrace and break the hit result on my Player character, with no problems.

I added spawnactor so the fireball shoots from my AI character, but of course it will just shoot in a straight like from my AI.

Now I would like to tell the fireball to follow the line trace so it shoots at my Player character position. I want the fireball to always fly at my Player Char so I can jump over it to dodge it mid air or something like that.

In simple terms, please tell me how to make anything (ex, MESH) follow the path of a linetrace.

Thank you in advance!

I think you should store your character position in array by hit result and set position of projectile continuosly

It will act like homming missile

or just make it keep tracking player position at start

If you want to make it avoidable, make it move playerpositon - projectile position vector way and slow down update

Hello,

Thank you for the response.

I tried to do this, but i couldn’t get it to work. My AI is firing spawning the fireball, but even if I store the position in an array, how do I tell projectiles to get a position? For example, what blueprint node would you use?

Thanks in advance!