How To Make My Character Move & Talk At The Same Time

I have a custom character I created in Blender in my UE5 scene complete with a full-body animation and facial animation I created from live link. My character also has a dynamic facial wrinkle system that interacts with the morph targets during the facial animation. How can I get my characters’ skeletal body animation and face morph target animation to play at the same time in the scene?

I’ve already tried dragging the blueprint for my character’s head into the scene and the facial animation with the dynamic wrinkles definitely works, but the head doesn’t move anywhere. As soon as I connect the head’s blueprint in the scene with the moving body of the character, the level sequencer ignores the facial animation/dynamic wrinkles. How can I get the character moving in the scene with facial expressions and blueprint animation working at the same time?

If your character has both the body and head into a single skeletal mesh, you need to use the Layered blend per bone, with the head/neck as the joint to separate the head from the body.
You then slot the body animation on the upper pin and facial animation on the lower pin.

If instead you have the body separated from the head ( similar to Metahuman setup ) you need to use the copy pose from mesh node, so that the head will inherit the movement from the body ( inside the head AnimBP ) but the animation of the head ( either morph target or joints ) will be driven by an animation inside the head AnimBP.

For my setup, I have the body separated from the head. I tried for two hours this morning to figure out how to setup the copy pose from mesh node in my heads animBP and watched several tutorials that didn’t seem specific enough for what I’m trying to do, but could not figure out how to do what you’re describing. I don’t know how to setup all the nodes. Do you know of any step by step tutorial I can follow for this?

Check the Metahuman setup, all you need is there.