How to make it where my character can only jump after picking up and equipping a specific item

First I should mention im very inexperienced with building my own blueprints, ive been running through alot of tutorials and learning as I go.

I was following a video series in which ive created an inventory and equipment system. I can pick up items to go into the inventory, then equip them and they visually show up on my character. I want to make a condition with the jump event to only work when I equip a specific item but the youtube series doesnt really cover it and they were made roughly 4 years ago. (Videos are from Titanic Games)

Does anyone have a similar setup where the jump ability is gained through certain conditions, possibly to give me a reference on how to set up my blueprint?

Ill add more info. and images on request because honestly im not sure what information is needed to get this discussion going in my direction.

348224-screenshot-1.png

It can be as simple as above or much more complex - it really depends on how your systems mesh with each other.

Were I to set up a game where there are many characters who can gain various abilities, I’d use actors components. Each actor component is an Ability that encapsulates the logic of what it does. Those components can be added to (or taken away from) actors.

Not sure if any of this helps with how my equipment is setup. Im going to try and contact the individual who originally setup the tutorial series and see if they have any feedback (if they respond).

That setup looks perfect, I have it laid out in my blueprint. However im struggling to set up the actual “pick up an item that allows you to jump”.

For my game I have a number of items set as actors but you can equip and un-equip them like in a zelda like game (limiting how many functions you have at once).

So im trying to understand how to get what my system knows is currently equipped and give that the go ahead on what my player can do (jump)