How to make inheritance "function States" from the Main AI_Character_Controller to BP_Child Npc

Hi all, I need some clarification !

I was on this youtube tutoriel lastly. Very cool explanation. Work fine with one character.
But now I try to replicate the parameters seen in the video with inheritance system and multiple npc. I have something like that for the moment.

One Main Blueprint NPC, including his BP-Animation, Blend Space, AI Controller who run the Behavior Tree etc… All of these “Actors” propagate well between the child NPC…

Until I arrive to the “Function” part, in main Blueprint AI_Controller. They work well for the Main, but the Child NPC doesn’t take any effects of theses “Function states”.

To test the switching betwen the two states I use this setup, which is simply based on a Flip/Flop and Event Key. Work well just for my Main.

I’m not very efficient with the Blueprint system yet so I would like to understand how to make inherit theses particulars “function” in the Blueprint child actor. I’m in despair, what am I doing wrong :slight_smile: ?!

Thanks for answers

1 Like