How to make fireball / Shoot something that cause damage?

Hi

Is there a way in blueprint to shoot particles / fireball / any object e.g Cube which can cause damage? i have a interview at university and i’ve just started getting into creating games couple weeks ago and making a quick level to show. I’ve haven’t got A.I Or a model which hopefully adding by tonight. i haven’t go no Gun / hands i just want to shoot something without hands / guns as it’ll take longer to create model of arms and hands and have no idea how yet lol.

Thank you.

TSDREX

Damage is a function pretty deep within unreal.

You can just call “Apply Damage” in your projectile when it hits something (with the target of your “other actor” which is provided by the hit result) and then in your objects add the “Event Any Damage” to do whatever you want with this damage or whatever. It’s providing a float and damage type so you can distinguish and just handle the HP however you want.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hey TSDREX,

In order for you to learn how to shoot magical spells that damages the environment or enemies, it may be best if you watch a tutorial. Here is one that I really like: [Tutorial][1] It is from last year however, I ran through it last week to refresh my memory and I didn’t run into any confusing parts.

Also, we have a lot of documentation for the Unreal Engine, this specific [link][2] sends you to particle systems. However, you can use the left side of the screen to look at many different features of the engine, to get the outcome you’re looking for.

Here is a link to our [Samples & Tutorials][3] as well.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

https://www…com/watch?v=qcdv5bJqB1Q
[2]: Creating Visual Effects in Niagara for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[3]: Samples and Tutorials for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Oh wow this is amazing! Thank you so much i’ll check out the the first Tutorial! :slight_smile: I love the Blue Print system because of my disability (dyspraxia) i can’t learn about C++ as fast and it’s really hard with blueprints it’s faster and easier to understand plus the community is amazing.

Thank you :)!!

You’re welcome. :smiley: