How to make double jump have sound effects

Hi all,

I’m using the UE4 system for double jumping (I set the max jump count to 2) and I was wondering if there was an easy way to have a sound trigger on the double jump? (I tried searching online for this but google isn’t giving me any kind of results for this, one was a UE forum post but the solution didn’t work) I was able to get the first jump sound to play by telling the blueprint to play the sound once if the player is in the air, but I can’t figure out how to trigger another sound for the final jump. I think I’m struggling with the DoOnce node as I can’t figure out a good flow for resetting it correctly, as it either spams the sound or doesn’t play at all depending what I do.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Play sound(s) in character blueprint when you press jump.

Hi, thanks. For whatever reason I think I was trying to make it more complicated than it needed to be :slight_smile: this worked slightly, the only problem now is that the sound can be spammed as I can keep pressing the jump key again and again. How can I fix this? I tried using the doOnce node, but it just cancels anything past the first jump and I can’t figure it out.

Is the jump key axis or action in project input settings?

It’s an action mapping :slight_smile:

remove do once node. If it is action key it should trigger sound only when it is pressed.

Hi, that doesn’t seem to be the case. Even with the doOnce node removed, I can just keep spamming the jump key and it keeps triggering the sound over and over again

Can you display blueprint.

This is the simple setup I have as of now

On pressed check ‘is falling’(movement component).
If true, play double jump sound , then execute jump.
If false play first_jump sound and execute jump.

did you mean like this? I tried it, but I can still keep spamming the sound effect. The jumping part of things is fine, I just need a way for the sound to not be able to be triggerable over and over again

After double jump sound set a Boolean “already_doublejumped” to true. Use this boolean to stop repeating sounds. When the character is not falling reset the boolean to false.

1 Like

this setup seems to work :slight_smile: thanks for your help!

Hey do you record the number of jumps in this setup?