Hello everyone, hoping you can help me with this little problem.
I have a Character Blueprint, i already set WASD input in input settings, and this is the blueprint:
What I’m trying to achieve:
- Top-down camera
- W and S moves player on X axis
- A and D moves player on Y axis
- X axis and Y axis movement must have different speeds, and I have to set them
And the last point is the problem. I’ve created 2 float variables to handle X and Y speed (XSpeed and YSpeed variables) and attached them like in the image.
- If I use only one variable (example, XSpeed), it gets applied to both X and Y movement
- If I use both variables, they get ignored totally and speed have whatever default value Unreal sets.
I think the problem lies in the “Set max walk speed” block, but I can’t understand/didn’t find what other block to use, or how to handle this logic.
Doesn’t help that I’m a total noob.
Could you help me with this? I know I’m missing something completely stupid.