How to make buoyant splines?

Hello! I have a spline of a bridge, I want it to wobble and dip when you walk on it. However, I need to have increased tension as you move towards it’s anchor, and decreased tension as you walk towards the center. Being able to set up variable anchors, such as referring to an external actor, would be perfect!

The problem is, I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to using Physics in Unreal. Thanks in advance!

Really interesting question :slight_smile: You can get the indices of first and last point, remap a strength from 0-1, 1-0 based on the center point of the spline point array.

You should be able to translate the spline mesh by modifying the spline then updating the spline mesh. If you use a box collision you can find where a player overlaps then check which spline point they are closest to and multiply the previous strength by the distance to the nearest spline point to get some sort of influence.

Thats about all the ideas I have at the moment, I’ll check back see if youve come up with anything more :slight_smile: