How to make big cities in less time ?

I am a complete beginner to UE4 and my motive is to create a racing game for android but the point where I am not able to find any solution is that how will I be able to create that much big city for racing and suppose if I created, it will have many non-natural looking components that will blow up my all work.Please help me by telling me that how can I create a city with some natural components like Lakes,Seas, etc. in less time and with maximum performance. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi RDeveloper,

The answer is procedural generation of the city. Its definitely possible, but it would take serious commitment. If you investigate Procedural Generation, its performant and honestly the only likely method for a solo or small team of Devs to create large environments. Things like WorldMachine and the Houdini engine would be helpful, but they are just streamlining most of what you could do yourself.

Maybe look into GDC talks or papers on how procedural maps are done, i’ve seen a few Unreal Devs make some amazing stuff.

This is a Unity tutorial on creating a procedural cityscape, the theory is the same and it wouldn’t be difficult to port it to Unreal.
link text

Unreal Blog post about a similar theme.

link text

Let me know if this was helpful.