How to make archetypes of existing actors?

Here are 3 ways to do that:

• Select the lights > copy them by ctrl+c > paste into the other project’s level by ctrl+v
  • Select > Copy > paste into a text file and save them as you wish. You can copy paste that text into your level and get the lights in any project.
  • Select the light and click on Create Directional Light Blueprint in details panel. Or select all the lights and click Replace With Composited Blueprint. Now you have BP’s of the lights in your scene which you can migrate any project you like.

So I have a set of 4 directional lights in my map:

SeasonalLight_0

SeasonalLight_1

SeasonalLight_2

SeasonalLight_3

which stand for spring, summer, fall, and winter, respectively.

After a lot of tuning, we’ve found just the right settings for these, and we want to be able to place the exact same set of lights into all the maps.

What’s the best way to do this? I’d hoped I could just drag the lights from the Scene Outliner into the Content Browser or a collection to make a re-usable archetype out of it, but that doesn’t seem to be possible.

Surely there’s an easy way to do this.

The third option definitely contains best use-ability and ease of future modifications to the lights.

Thanks for the answers. Because of some things we’re doing in code with regard to lighting modulation, we can’t really put them in Blueprints without some significant code changes.

So it looks like we’re stuck with the copy & paste route … I will stick them in their own special layer in this mission to make that easier.