How to make a score, jumping mechanic and gravity change via overlap of triggerbox for a pawn

I have been working on a project in Ue 4.27 using Blueprint Scripting . Its going to be something like rocket league and I’ve searched the whole internet but can’t find tutorials that I understand (I’m a beginner) and are for 4.27 on: How to make a pawn jump, how to make a score (Like a widget) for a pawn and how to turn off Ue4’s Gravity and make an artificial one so the car sticks to the wall. Oh, also its a Vehicle Blueprint from the Advanced car starter. Pls be as detailed as possible and PLS help. I really don’t want to give up. I have tried putting this on AnswerHub but it feels like people are just skipping over this question

Help pls?

Anyone?

No answer?

Pls help me.

I have over 100 views but 0 answers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I have over 100 views but 0 answers

&

it feels like people are just skipping over this question

Probably because it’s all very easily googleable…

How to make a pawn jump

Call Jump if you’re using a Character - examples in the 3rd person template. Add movement in Z axis if you’re using some other kind of Pawn. Use Physics Impulse if you’re using physics. You’re asking for details but have included none whatsoever. :expressionless: It’s impossible to help or even suggest anything tangible.

how to make a score (Like a widget) for a pawn

There’s a bazillion examples for that.

Gravity and make an artificial one so the car sticks to the wall.

Again, YT is your friend:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ue4+custom+gravity

Marketplace if you’re after ready-to-go solutions.

Pls be as detailed as possible and PLS help.

If you’re expecting tutoring, you’re out of luck. If you want details, include details first. For example:

What is currently stopping you from displaying player’s vales in a widget. How far have you gotten with it?

• have a widget with a Text Block
  • have a text variable and bind it to that block
  • have the player create the widget, store reference, add to viewport
  • when the player’s score changes, update the abovementioned variable using the widget’s reference

Does any of the above add up?

So you can dish it out it seems :wink:

1 Like

Hehehe, sorry im not as detailed. Ill learn~