After stumbling into some UE4 videos on youtube and finding out that the engine is free now, i decided to download it and give it a try.
I started a new FPS project and got to a point where i wanted to make a hotbar UI based on the ones in games like Minecraft and DayZ
(nevermind the health and exp. for now, i just want the inventory bit)
I searched a lot for tutorials on how to do it but the closest one i found was this official series:
Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG) UI - Inventory Tutorial
But that isn’t really the same.
Can someone give me a link to a good tutorial on how to create what i want?
What i need:
- When you pickup an item, it gets “stored” in the hotbar till you use or drop it
- Use mouse wheel to change selected slot
- Character automaticaly equips highlighted item
- If empty slot is highlighted, character equips default weapon (example: knife or fists)
- If you scroll up at the last slot it loops and highlights the 1st slot again
- If you press the key “1” it highlights the 1st slot, key “2” highlights 2nd slot, etc.