I am a beginner in UE and learning this excellent engine inside and out as fast and thoroughly as I can. So far I have a very good grasp on level design, special effects, using the Sequence Builder to make a movie, importing FBX models, animations, retargeting, etc. Got a good hang of the state machines too but I’m still lagging a bit on the blueprints part. Mainly because I don’t yet know what classes or functions I should be looking for or how they relate to one another. I guess it will come with more experience.
Anyhow, I want to make a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I am not looking for definitive answers but perhaps a few pointers or directions that might lead me to it. In a nutshell, I need to be able to do the following:
- Provide a GUI for the gamer to select two players.
- Player 1 chooses his fighter (character blueprint), and the enemy character will be AI driven.
- Ideally, all the characters will have same moves. But I want each character to have their unique finishing moves, etc.
- The AI will kick butt and be defensive as needed or perhaps controlled by some difficulty level chosen by the gamer.
- Ability to choose a level or choose a random one.
- Make sure the camera stays fixed, and the view is bound to that perspective. Think of classic MK, Streetfighter, etc.
- Health system to keep track of the character and enemy character’s health.
- Perhaps best out of three rounds.
I am not sure on the blueprints part. What blueprints should I be creating to fit all the above requirements together?
The parts I’m a bit confused about are in the red. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.