How to make a "fade in" match the "fade out" time?

Hi guys, I have something simple but I don’t think I am using the timeline node correctly. I have a hit volume that when the player enters the music fades in. When they leave it fades out. (2 seconds each way max). What I want is if the player leaves and re-enters quickly that the time of the fade back up is how much it just faded down. Equally the volume level is the point where it just switched. (IE IF the total time of fade each way is 2 seconds and the player leaves and re-enters in 1 second then the fade up time is 1 second and the fade up volume starts at. .5) - And vice versa …etc. Seems simple, I’m just not sure on the syntax/node usage. Any help is appreciated. (And maybe you can achieve a similar result with the attenuation thingy - I just haven’t used it much yet). Thanks in advance.

There is an easier way to implement “fade in” and “fade out” mechanism for audio in UE4. Did you know about the Sound Attenuation? It’s a built-in feature which will automatically lower (or increase) volume of the sound based on the distance between sound source and current player’s location.

You can read more about it here:

If you want to implement it yourself in blueprints please attach some screenshots of your blueprint networks to help you with it.