How to make a "choose direction"? UE 4.26.2

Im trying to create a Endless Runner Game, ive set up everything so far that my Mesh is always running and slowing when the S Button is pressed or is speeding up when i press the W Button.
Actually im a at a problem where i dont even know how to start, since im still new to UE i feel a bit…confused.

I want that my Mesh stops at a specific location (for example at a BlockingVolume) then you have to decide in which direction you want to go Left or Right. After you decided in what direction you want to go, it will follow this path until the next stop where you stop and decide and so on.

Now iam not really sure about what would be the best way to do it, at first i thought probably a Quick Time Event would be the right way, but iam not sure about, since iam not looking exactly for a QTE. (i would just leave the input Timer blank)

Ive tried doing it with Splines that the PlayerCharacter is following but it just stops after a few seconds and my Mesh is getting “kicked” out of the Splinepath. Probably im doing something wrong here, i dont know.

To clarify it a bit better: Mesh is walking and meets a crossing where he stops and is waiting for your Input, after the input it walks left or right (based on your input) and follow the given path.

Can you give me any advice? Im not asking for someone that does the Code for me, i just want hints in the right direction what i should use for it so i can learn it and find it out for myself for the future.

Unreal 4.26.2

Maybe you could use target points and have your character move towards this:

You could then destroy the target point when the character reaches it and is given a new choice of left or right (where you then spawn the target point in the new location to move to).

Just an idea but not something I’ve tried before.

You’d likely need a bit of math to figure out where to spawn the target actor.

The above also assumes the character would be walking in a straight line left or right.