How to make a character fly sideways without breaking up and down

I have this character that can fly north, south, west and east. However, there is a timer that makes it go up or down depending on what is happening. But anytime that the character is going up or down AND sideways, it breaks its up and down movement. So in other words, moving up and down alone is much faster than moving up and down WHILE moving sideways. For whatever reason it is breaking its up and down movement and I don’t know how to change that.

Show a picture of the code.

here you go:

340423-screenshot-2021-06-01-112346.jpg

I’m literally adding input up. And the rest of the movement code is the same as in the default Epic character.

Try setting Air Control Boost Velocity Threshold or Air Control Boost Multiplier above it to 0.

340430-capture4.png

If it works, I would appreciate a →

340325-capture23.png

hey, sorry mate but that didn’t quite work. What helped the most was setting breaking friction factor to 0 in the character movement. But that is still not a 100%. The issue is that whenever I add input in the X/Y directions the Z velocity seems to go down. And it happens sometimes but not always.

Btw I tried to add impulse up and down instead of adding input on the Z axis. That seemed to help a bit.