How to launch character without using launch character node

Greetings, I’m currently making a blueprint of a set of vertical spinning platforms similar to this video Devil May Cry 4 - Mission 10: Security Corridor Spinning Blades - YouTube

The problem I’m having is when time isn’t slowed the player can’t enter the red zone (pictured) and gets launched back using a launch character node and this is working fine, but if time is slowed the player can enter and begin platforming, after a few seconds time goes back to normal and the player should get launched back but the launch character node I’m using isn’t pushing the player the full distance and if I change the value to be higher it pushes the player out but if the player is in the air or jumps they get launched across the map.

I guess with all this being said I have 2 questions. Is there a way to launch the character in a direction without using the launch character node? How to stop player flying across the map when being launched in mid air?

Any help is greatly appreciated, if any extra information is needed to help with my issue let me know.

use the “Add impulse” node.

I tried using the add impulse node but it said I needed to turn on simulate physics in my character BP which cancelled all player movement. Is there a way to just push a character back a set amount of units while ignoring all other forces?

Perhaps try enabling the physics, adding the impulse, and disabling the physics.

Also, try changing the “velocity” of the character movement. Get the original velocity, and add the amount you want to it, and set it.

Remember you have to do this every tick though, so set the character as a variable, and do it for everytick. If you want it to be framerate independent, you might want to multiply the amount with the world tick rate.

1 Like

Can you share the screenshot of the code on how you executed this. As i having the same issue with launch chsractrr node where it is working right in one pc and not giving force to push the character in another pc. Even though build is same. I feel that this is happening because of frame rate difference.