How to keep world location of recorded sequence

When using live link to record out a sequence everything is fine on the initial opening of the recorded sequence everything loads where it should per my live link settings, however when I close the editor after making changes to the sequencer tracks for my films when I go to reopen the recorded sequence the recording’s world location is not the same as when it was recorded. Is there a way I can get the sequencer to preserve its location settings from when its recorded? Thanks guys!

Hello,

We have documentation on how to edit this. Look under the section titled “Level Sequence Dynamic Transform Origin”:

You’ll need to set the origin, or set the actor to use as reference for the origin. Keep in mind, moving level sequence actor itself will not affect the transforms.

Thanks a bunch! I’m going to take a look at it as soon as I get back to my work station still trying to learn the whole engine.

I searched around for that option, is that available for “record sequence” or do I have to drag the file on the editor after it places it in the cinematics folder to be able to access that override?

Yes, you will need to drag the sequence into the editor to override. Though, you will need to do some tweaking to make sure it lines up properly with your scene.

When doing it that way I can’t seem to get the instance to move at all from where i loads in at. Are there other settings that I have to change for it to affect the transform? Thanks in advance!

There are no other options (besides locking the actor in the world outliner) than what’s stated in that article. Inside the Details panel for your Level Sequence, enable Override Instance Data. Make sure to assign a Transform Origin Actor, or the animation won’t have an anchor to base the new location off of.

Thank you I figured it out, I just added the cube into the sequence and selected all of the elements inside of the sequencer besides the camera and I linked it to the cube after aligning it to my needs. Thanks again for all the help!