How to keep windowed game running while dragging the window?

I’ve posted this on Answers, but I figured I should post it on the forums as well. I am working on a quiz/trivia game and it needs to be in windowed mode. I have it working just fine in windowed mode, but when you click and drag the window around the game pauses. This actually creates an exploit as you can do this while answering a question and it’ll pause the game. This gives you as much time as you want to answer the question without the timer running down. My question is how can I keep the game running if the player clicks and drags the game window? Also if this isn’t something that is possible, how can I detect this pausing/freezing so I can display an image to block the screen while they drag the window? I’ve done some searching but haven’t found anything that works yet.

Why cant you have the timer be based on real time like it only accepts answers between 1:00 and 1:01 AM GMT (any later is auto wrong)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried using the system time instead of just a timer and it works great, actually didn’t think about using the system time hah.