How to keep the character in the direction of the action at the end of the action?

Hi all!

I have a problem. Suppose a character’s face looks to the right when idle, and then I ask the character to do an action. At the end of the action, the character’s face looks to the left. But now the problem is that every time the character finishes this action, he will automatically turn around and let his face look to the right again, which is the direction of idle.

I have tried many methods, such as using set actor rotation, etc., to make the character’s last face oriented in the direction that can maintain the end of the action (looking to the left), but these methods will see that the character has an obvious turning process, which is not what I want, it is very unnatural.

So, my goal is that after the character performs the action, the direction of the face can be maintained at the end of the action, rather than automatically returning to idle. What is the way to achieve this function? Thank you very much.

Hi man ,
Maybe you messed up the difference between the Actor and the Skeletal mesh?

Your character can have an Animation “Idle” that animation is based on the actor position and rotation.
You can therefore , play the Idle and rotate freely your character.
If you have an animation like, “Backick” that have an animation that turn around your “character”. is completely normal that at the Return of the Idle, the char will be back to right.
At the end of the BackKick you have to set the Actor

First of all, thank you very much for your answer!

I have an idle animation in my state machine, but I’m sorry, I didn’t understand your meaning, or maybe I didn’t express it clearly enough, so I added a GIF image, but due to the capacity limitation, the compression is serious, I’m sorry.

In the picture, the character will turn after standing up. This is not the result I want. What I want is that when the character stands up, the direction of the face will keep the direction that the action is completed, instead of turning around again.

If I use set actor rotation or rotate nodes such as root component and skeleton mesh to make the character turn around again, it will also produce a turning action.

What I hope is that the character will naturally transition to idle after playing the animation and finally standing up, without changing direction again.

Thanks again!:slight_smile:

Hi man,
Sorry man i was talking on the ""Blueprint part “”

Basically you have to blend the two animation no?
Look for how blend animation in state machines.

By the way , i found this video where a guy try to make a fighting game, where you have to switch side and stuff so could be full of answers for you!

[quote=“Est_engine, post:4, topic:146592”]

Hi man,
Sorry man i was talking on the ""Blueprint part “”

Basically you have to blend the two animation no?
Look for how blend animation in state machines.

By the way , i found this video where a guy try to make a fighting game, where you have to switch side and stuff so could be full of answers for you!https://youtube.com/watch?v=efEYGkOIxkk[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, thank you for the video, I need to continue to study.:slight_smile: