How to keep closed the folders in world outliner?

Look at the marketplace, there is a free outliner shortcut to close all folders or other options. This is not make the annoying problem of auto opening folder going away, but at least make things better

It’s unbelievable this issue is 7 years old already an no solution has been provided yet.

2 Likes

No kidding, and no care in the “World” to change it. lol

Disabling this option does exactly what is being asked in this thread:

Edit: This will not help to keep folders closed when hitting ‘Play’

2 Likes

I’m using version 5.1, and I can confirm that disabling “Always Frame Selection” does not change the fact that when I hit on the play button, all of my folders inside the outliner are opened automatically… I can’t find a workaround this problem either.

1 Like

I see that it’s still a problem and EG doesn’t care. I will consider it as a future improvement for my free actor locker plugin

1 Like

Ah yes you are right, hitting Play opens up the folder again. I will adjust my comment

1 Like

Adding my vote for Epic to please give us more control over folder behavior. This and tooltips popups (I know how to fix it but wish it was permanent) are annoying and it’s surprising we’re still dealing with this.

1 Like

This thread is blowing my mind. How does Unreal STILL work like this? Just leave the folders how I had them last!

1 Like

Just adding +1 on this. It sucks that I cant just leave things as I set it before I hit play. Manual labor creation for no reason. The data already existed and just had to be left alone or captured if a reset of some kind has to happen.

1 Like

Still having this issue… Also the outliner needs some improvements to QOL, like a button to put a selected object inside the current folder, maybe look at how layers are handled in 3dsmax or some DCC like that